Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wings Clipped Again

Yesterday was a trying day.  Ice and sleet were forecast, and we were uncertain about being able to make it to my appointments.  But a breezy ride in the Wrangler (4WD) proved that the only slick spots were on our driveway!  Huntsville dodged another winter weather incident.

After #3 radiation treatment, I had a 1:00 appointment with my medical oncologist, Dr. M, at CCI also.  I hadn't seen him in a while and didn't know what to expect from this visit (which always makes me uneasy).

Well, sure enough, he was ready to start the chemotherapy.  He is such a nice man, and we had a long conference about this treatment and the future.  I have been so blessed with compassionate, caring physicians and nurses.

Two hours later I was all equipped with a continuous infusion pump attached to the port in my left shoulder about an inch from the former drain tube site.  I had been so elated to lose the drain tube, that I sure did hate to get another tube so soon.

With the Lord's help, I'm trying to survive this one day at a time, because six weeks of carrying around this pump and getting stuck twice a week chills my blood.  But we know that God is faithful to meet our needs!

I'm including a photo of my chic new wardrobe!






No comments:

Post a Comment