Sunday, December 12, 2010

15 Years

My daddy had a massive stroke on December 12, 1995, 15 years ago today.  He died on July 30, 1996, after seven months of being completely paralyzed on a feeding tube.  I always think of this as the day my daddy really died and hope that he didn't suffer all the remaining days until he went to be with his Lord.

I loved my daddy to pieces all my life and he was the best man God ever made.  Everyone who knew him loved him (and he knew a lot of people).  He was 85 when he died and was the finest of southern gentlemen.  I miss you Daddy.

This week has been more difficult--more pain and discomfort.  This morning while thumbing through my mother's Bible (that I like to use now), I found a scrap of paper that I had never noticed before.  It is in her beautiful handwriting, and I was blessed by a quotation she must have written down and left in her Bible.

"I am humbled by His tender care and personal involvement in my life.
I cherish the day I placed my hand in His.
My journey has given me a priceless glimpse of His Heart."

Thank you, Mama, you always knew just what I needed.

1 comment:

  1. Buddy was great. I'm tearing up now just thinking about him and what you said.

    ReplyDelete