Friday, December 31, 2010

Chemo/Radiation

I started back on radiation on December 27 after missing 3 days for the holidays and hospital visit.  Then on December 29 I got a new round of the continuous infusion chemo.  Yuck.  The radiation I can tolerate, but this chemo pump makes me so sick.  I have not had the stamina or desire to even type for the last three days.  I really hate being sick.

This "treatment" lasts for 26 more days.  I will have 17 more radiation treatments (28 total) and then a month to recover and then surgery.

I've been very surprised that the chemo is affecting me so severely so quickly.  I had been led to believe that most people don't have a strong reaction to 5-FU at least early on.  I've never been sensitive to drugs and so I didn't expect to be one of the lucky ones with lots of side effects, but ...  After the disastrous IV push in my port of Aloxi (anti-nausea), 10 days ago, I am reading more about any drugs that are suggested.  So far, I haven't gotten the nerve to take anything else.

All I really want to do is grab the battery out of this pump and throw it as far as I can.  Please pray that I can make it for 26 more days (without pulling out my hair or the pump battery).




No comments:

Post a Comment