Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tubeless and Free As A Bird

Yeah, the tube is gone!!!  We traveled to Nashville and Vanderbilt Clinic this afternoon.  Dr. K pronounced me fit, fine, and dismissed and most importantly removed the neck drain tube.  When he pulled the tube out I saw that it had been about 15" of big tubing in my neck--yuck.  But the procedure didn't hurt (another good thing about cutting nerves), and now I am reveling in the freedom of not having a big bulb pinned to my shirt!

I plan to enjoy this freedom to the max because, it won't be long before I am fitted with a chemo infusion pump draining into the port in my left shoulder.  Oh, well, freedom is great as long as it lasts.

Thanks, Gary, for driving me to Nashville, again, and buying me a great dinner on the way home.

Nick,Warren Finch,Dana,Wilson James,Marianne Caroline,Mo-mo


No comments:

Post a Comment