Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Stoma

Stoma!!  Gee, I didn't even know what that was a few months ago.  As much as anything, I wanted to post these pictures as a reminder to myself.  In future months if things get rough, I want to be able to look back and say: "Well, at least I don't have that anymore."  You'll have to scroll a little to see the promised stoma picture.  You can left-click for a close-up view.

The yellow noodles around the stoma are the surgical stitches (that freaked me the first time I saw it).  Of course, I don't look very often.  Gary takes such good care of me.  He changes the bags about every 3 days and massages the skin that is under the adhesive disc of the bag (the second picture}.  That feels so good to have it washed and rubbed for a few minutes. 

The quarter isn't adhered to my abdomen; it was placed there by the scientist in the family to show scale.  You can also see a couple of the laparoscopic incisions.

I have felt a little better yesterday and today.  Thank you, Jesus.  Two weeks or less now until I get reconnected.  Love you all.



















No comments:

Post a Comment