Friday, April 8, 2011

Never More Than We Can Bear

I  am so glad that the Lord promises to not give us more than we can bear, and that He knows I can't handle this ostomy for very long.  I admire people who can live with one for years but this six weeks is pushing me to the limit.

I did make it to the surgeon's yesterday and got a good report.  I go back on April 28 for a scope and then a few days later for a dye test and then surgery if everything is good.  So the first week in May should be the end of this.  He said 2 days in the hospital (which I'm taking as 1 night) for the reversal surgery.  I was hoping it would be a light anesthesic but no.  It seems like it took me a very long time to wake up after the last one, but it was a much longer surgery.

Besides the nausea, fatigue, and poor appetite, I have the problem of finding something to wear with this ostomy.  I am still in pajamas at home, but going out is a problem.  I wore a pair of Dana's maternity pants to my appointment yesterday, but even they pinched and squeezed the bag and drove me crazy.  I did manage to slink into Dillards and buy a patio dress.  It feels great (doesn't touch me anywhere) but the question is will I have the nerve to wear it away from home.  I'm not sure; I feel like a clown in it!

Sebastian, Cathy, Juliette, Wolfgang, Greg




No comments:

Post a Comment