Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lobster

Since my surgery, I haven't been sleeping very well.  I get up 2-3 times a night to "take care of the ostomy" and sometimes have a hard time getting back to a sound sleep.  So I have had plenty of dreams lately.

A few days ago I dreamed about big, whole, luscious lobster--one of the many things I love about Maine.  Gary isn't all that enthused with lobster; he prefers Maine shrimp (which is delicious too).  But seafood is on the "no-no" list with the ostomy.  So that means 4 more weeks of denial, but then live lobsters of the world watch out.

I have been more fatigued during this recovery.  I thought I would have rebounded more by this time.  My appetite is very low, but I am trying to eat all I can and regain my strength.  I don't like sitting around all day drinking tons of water in my pjs doing nothing.  Although, I do have some pretty comfortable pjs.  Thanks to my brother-in-law Wade Hodges for the picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment