Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Small Blessings

Having grown up in a Southern Baptist church, I know about the love and caring members have for each other and others.  Many times I have participated in ministering to someone through what I considered to be a small way: preparing food.

But the Lord is teaching me so many things that I needed to know through this ordeal.  I have learned that God doesn't send any "small blessings".  They are always precious and just what is needed by His child at that moment.

Today, while waiting for my dreaded chemo treatment, a kind lady from Mt. Zion called volunteering to coordinate meals for us during this difficult time.  That touched my heart as only Jesus can and reminded me again that I wasn't alone in this struggle.

Scene from front porch

8 inches on diving board

Work-horse in snowy weather



No comments:

Post a Comment