Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Eleven and Counting Down

Sorry I haven't written for a while, but the last two weeks have been tough.  I haven't felt much like composing and certainly haven't felt very witty.  But I decided that if I'm going to chronicle this time that I need to write about the dark days too.

I had my 17th radiation treatment on Tuesday.  I had to trek through the snow and ride in the Jeep Wrangler, but we made it to the center.  Eleven more and I'm done!  This has been much harder than I anticipated.  Between the fatigue, nausea, and bitter cold, I feel like a limp dish-rag.  I am also having continuous infusion 5-FU (5-fluoro-uracil, Gary says) which really stinks.  I see the chemo doctor today and get my weekly blood test (7 tubes) and refill of my pump, including a new needle in my port.  Needless to say, that isn't my favorite day of the week.  I have not been able to tolerate any of the nausea medications (remember I ended up in the hospital after the first one), so I just feel lousy.

As so many before me, my soul cries out: "Lord, have mercy on me".



No comments:

Post a Comment