Thursday, January 27, 2011

Done, Done, Done

Well, I should qualify that; I'm done with the first phase of treatment!  I have a few weeks off and then surgery sometime in March.

Of course, the last day didn't get away without some drama.  The medical chemotherapy appointments are always a challenge to get through without raising my blood pressure.  After 7 weeks, I thought I had the pattern down.  But yesterday the check-in clerks wouldn't let me go to the treatment room that I had previously been using to get the pump removed.  They couldn't understand what I was telling them I wanted to do (ever feel like you are on an alien planet and no one speaks your language?).  They insisted that I go to 'short term treatment' in another part of the building!  After finding the rooms, I had to explain AGAIN what I wanted.  Just take the pump off so I can go to the lab so they can get their pint of blood without having to be "stuck" again.

The nurse was very nice and actually listened when I told her that I thought the needle had come out of the port.  Sure enough, it had come out and was just under the skin making everything sore and swollen.  So I had to get "stuck" twice more after all.  Some days you just can't win.

But radiation went well and we told everyone goodbye and made our escape!

1 comment:

  1. So glad that part of your treatment is over! I pray for you often! Praying for the March surgery. God Bless you, Patricia you are an inspiration!
    Toni
    (Greg and Cathy's friend)

    ReplyDelete