Friday, January 21, 2011

Last Friday for Radiation

Well, fatigue hit me like a ton of bricks this morning!  We had planned to drive over to Decatur this morning and check out restaurants for the "rehearsal dinner" for the wedding, but no way now.  So Scott and Kathryn said they would do the checking and choosing.  Thank you, guys.  They are the ones that need to be pleased anyway.

Luckily, the mother of the groom really gets a pass on the wedding planning, which is wonderful in my situation.  I have bought a dress so I'm done!  I used to think you had to look at every dress in three or four towns before choosing.  This time I bought the first one I tried on.  Forget all that stuff about style...  This dresss met my current set of criteria:  covered me, acceptable color, no alterations--SOLD.

Our little granddaughter Marianne (age 5) came over and visited yesterday and went to radiation with us.  While I was in treatment, she and PapaDaddy sat in the waiting room, and she played with her "my little ponies" until she discovered the train table in the corner of the room.  She had such a good time playing she wanted to know if we could come back sometime "just to play".  Of course, anyone who knows Marianne knows that she didn't really play with the trains.  She removed all the tracks and trains from the landscape board and built a bucolic forest with boats on the river and bridges.





No comments:

Post a Comment