Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Showers of Blessings

Three posts in less than 24 hours; I'll really try everyone's patience this week!

We have had a steady, hard rain all night, and I've heard most of it.  I guess my beauty days are definitely over  because my beauty sleep is sure hard to come by these days!  But sleepless hours are a great time for reflection.  God is good in everything!

I couldn't help reflecting on how good God is to provide for us in all ways.  My journey through dealing with two primary tumors could have been totally overwhelming (and has seemed that way at times), but just when I begin to despair God shows me that He is still there holding my hand through it all.  How glorious!

We had really given up hope on being able to arrange surgery at Vanderbilt even though we had confidence in that being the right place to treat the melanoma.  It just seemed like a roadblock on timing.  I actually did give up two weeks ago because I couldn't schedule until the end of December and that just pushed my radiation/chemo treatment for the colon off too long.  But while on our little trip to the Biltmore, Dr. K's office called and had opened up a clinic spot for me to come in on Nov. 24 (last Wednesday).  I snatched it up and we made plans to go.  But at that visit I wasn't able to set a date for surgery and was in the depths of despair again.

I felt like, "Lord, why did you bring us here and then close the door again?"  But instead of letting me be discouraged and depressed over the long holiday weekend, God provided a wonderful treat for us.  Our daughter (thanks to the generosity of her husband and in-laws) came and stayed at our house and ministered to us for 3 days. 

By Monday morning, I felt refreshed enough to start making calls again and God provided a miracle:  a December 1 surgery date!  The surgeon had told us in his first email two weeks ago that there was no possibility of a Dec 1 or 2 opening!  Hallelujah, God is good--all the time.

1 comment:

  1. Hallalua! Direction for specific prayer. I am praying already generally but now can pray specifically for tomorrow's surgery. God is good all the time. We need to remember to "In all our way acknowledge Him and He will direct our paths."

    ReplyDelete