Monday, November 22, 2010

The Biltmore at Christmas

We have just returned from a wonderful "get-away" trip to North Carolina and Tennessee.  I've been feeling the need to run away for a few days and everytime we tried another appointment jumped up in the way.  So last Wednesday after a horrendous visit to remove the stitches in my mouth (which by the way hurt just as much as I anticipated) we jumped in the motorhome and headed for the mountains.

On Thursday we visited the Biltmore--the grounds in the afternoon and candlelight tour in the evening.  I have wanted to see their Christmas decorations for several years and sure enough it was worth the wait.  Magnificent!  Then we spent a couple of days at Smokey Mtn NP and really enjoyed driving around as well.

Now we are back home and ready to face reality again.  I have another visit to Vanderbilt on Wednesday afternoon to consult with a melanoma surgeon.  Then hopefully we will have a quiet Thanksgiving (going to a restaurant this year) and get ready for surgery next week.

Thanks again for all your kind words and prayers.  I had 3 of the sweetest emails of late from friends of Gary (Bubba, Dale, Randy) that we haven't seen since leaving Arkansas.  It really does lift my spirits to know that you are concerned and praying for me.





2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. Too bad you couldn't (I presume) take pictures inside the Biltmore. The decorations sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, Mom. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip.

    ReplyDelete