Friday, November 12, 2010

A New Song in my Heart

I love the old hymn "Just When I Need Him Most, He's Always Near".  The author really knew the truth!  Today I go to yet another surgery and have been feeling pretty low about it and the future.   I haven't been able to shake this feeling of hopelessness.

This morning while reading through Matthew, Jesus reminded me to "Ask and It Shall Be Given to You".  I have not prayed for healing, because I want to be only in His Will.  And I was suddenly impressed with what my prayer is:  Lord, heal me if it is Your Will and if it is time for me to go, then give me the strength to bear the pain of separation and the physical pain involved. 

Now, even through the tears, my heart is singing a new song  of joy that whatever lies ahead I'm not alone.  Now, on to the Surgery Center...

1 comment:

  1. This is so encouraging to read. There are a whole lot of people praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete