Friday, March 11, 2011

Moses

Did I catch your attention with the title of this post?  More about it later.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the last few weeks!  I have felt good and the weather has been warm and occasionally sunny.  But in the back of my mind is always the nagging awareness of upcoming surgery and more months of chemo.  I have been more apprehensive about this colon surgery than the other four surgeries.  Maybe I just know too many details about it!  I have especially been worried about finding that the tumor has gone through the wall and into my abdomen.  The other primary worry has been having a problem that would necessitate a permanent colostomy.

But at our lowest points, God has a wonderful way of reminding us of what we already know but sometimes lose sight of!  I've been using "Open Windows" to read through the Bible this year.  I have to admit that I tended to get bogged down in some of Moses writings but Deuteronomy have been a joy and comfort.

"Observe the commands of the Lord your God, walking in His ways and revering Him.  For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land... Deut. 8:6-7a

God is good all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment