Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tomorrow's the Day

Well, the wedding is history, and it was wonderful.  Bride and groom both showed up for the ceremony on a beautiful spring day, and it was very moving.  I cried!  Tears of happiness and joy for them and for me that God was gracious and allowed me to be there.  The whole weekend was exciting and busy.  We really enjoyed seeing our families from Florida, Louisiana, Indiana, Arkansas, and Illinois.  The rehearsal dinner went off without a hitch (except for the groomsman and wife who were left at the hotel--thank goodness for taxis).  I told Dana that the decorations looked very nice to have been done by a very pregnant lady and a cancer patient.  I had brunch on Saturday for 20 family members which was a little stretch but well worth it and lots of fun.  I want you to know I even danced the twist at the reception!

This sounds like the Old Testatment, but today is preparation day.  I'm sure most of you know what I mean--no food day!  I just had a nice, warm bowl of broth for breakfast and now feel like going back to bed.  I had a little stomach bug on Sunday and haven't eaten much since Saturday so my stomach is already pretty empty.

We are to be at Huntsville Hospital surgery check-in at 5:30 a.m. tomorrow to start the fun.  I wonder how many times I'll have to spout off my birthday.  1948 really sounds like eons ago.  I have threatened to have it tattooed to my forehead, but that was before I learned how much tattoos hurt.

I have had lots of unreasonable anxiety about this surgery, but then the Lord reminds me that He will never leave me or forsake me and I am at peace again.  And I can already feel the many prayers that have been made for me.

Hope to be able to write to you from the hospital (I'll be there 5 nights).

1 comment:

  1. I never knew you were so good at the Twist! You "old folks" were impressive... not my words---the DJ's!

    ReplyDelete