Saturday, February 26, 2011

March 23

Three weeks and 4 days until my next surgery.  We met with the colorectal surgeon on Thursday and did a scope in this office.  He was very pleased with the results of the radiation/chemo treatments of the last two months.  The tumor (we could see it on the screen, gross) is much smaller and less virulent looking.

I had been afraid that he would find that the treatments had done little good, but that wasn't the case and I feel better about it.  I will need to spend 5 days in the hospital and have a temporary ostomy (yuck).  After hearing the description of the surgery, I think I'll just turn my morphine pump up and sleep for those 5 days!

I am feeling terrific and plan to enjoy every day for the next three weeks.

Wolfgang -chef


No comments:

Post a Comment