Sunday, October 24, 2010

Words

In the past I have often hesitated to offer words or small acts of kindness to a person suffering a terminal illness because they seemed so inadequate and unworthy.  I have come to realize that those small words that may seem trite to the speaker are transformed by God into pearls.  They become golden lifelines to the child of God and lift up our spirit.  God is so gracious to use even the smallest things to ease our journey.

The photo is on top of the Waterpocket Fold in Capitol Reef National Park, Utah, late May 2010.  A rough jeep road and steep climb led to this spot which was beautiful but like a cold wind tunnel.  

1 comment:

  1. I'll admit I've thought the same about small words. I've never known trouble and have no deep wells of experience to draw from, but I do know where the wisdom that built the world resides, so let me give you that instead.

    "Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trail when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange is happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed." I Peter 4:13

    I love you and I'm proud to be a welcomed member of your family.

    ReplyDelete