Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Patience and Humility

Having your mouth sewn together teaches you a lot.

First, it takes a long time to get much nourishment through a straw!  And the food that will flow through a straw and is still palatable is pretty limited.  The Dr. keeps telling me to try not to lose much weight, but gee, it isn't easy.  I always knew these rolls of fat would come in handy sometime.

But even worse than the eating (if there is anything worse than not being able to eat a good juicy hamburger) is not being able to talk!  Three weeks without one good conversation may just do me in.  It is really hard to direct everyone's life with a legal pad and pen.  I'll just give everyone warning now--enjoy the peace and quiet because when these stitches come out...

So, Lord, I'm praying that I've learned this lesson about patience and humility and don't have to repeat it!

The photo is of my precious Texas granddaughter (1 1/2 years) who along with her Dad, Greg, came to visit me last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment