Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trouble with graft

I have been feeling better and able to get out a little more, but yesterday afternoon while trying to brush some of my teeth with a baby toothbrush I saw that my lip skin graft was gray!  After an inward scream, I rushed downstairs with a flashlight to show Gary.  He called the plastic surgeon who blessedly called right back.

Evidently I had let it get too cold.  It looks better this morning after over-heating the house, keeping hot compresses on it, and head bandage in place.  So I'm back to square one with no talking, head bandage, over-heated rooms, and staying home for two more weeks.  very depressing.  I thought I had that battle won, but ...

But Praise the Lord I'm not alone in this battle.  My husband and children have been more than wonderful in taking care of me.  And I know the King is coming for me one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment