Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pink Sutures

God is so wonderful; He allows us to see humor in even the darkest circumstances!

After my first facial surgery, Marianne, my 5 1/2 year old red-headed granddaughter, studied and studied my incision.  Her young eyes can evidently focus up close and personal.  She would get within a few inches of my face and really look it over.

After a few minutes of contemplation, she announced that she did not approve of the black sutures.  They simply did nothing for my skin.  The Dr. needed to use pink stitches so they would "camouflage" with my skin.  At first she thought about yellow but decided that would make me look orange (and she doesn't like orange).

She was quite disappointed after the second surgery last week when I came home with the same black stitches.  For any future surgeries I am to take some of Mommy's pink thread with me for the Dr. to use.

Plastic surgeons of the world take note.

No comments:

Post a Comment