Thursday, July 14, 2011

Treatment 5

Well, I've had 3 dr appointments this week--way too many.  Monday I went to my "primary care physician" to refill my hypertension meds.  My blood pressure is all over the charts but generally in good shape.  Then we went on to my six-month followup with the radiation oncologist.  She was very pleased with the path report after my colon surgery and my progress in general.  I go back in another six months.  I love how all my doctors still converse with each other about my case.

Wednesday was treatment 5 and the medical oncologist.  My anemia is getting worse (seems like I give a pint of blood every Wednesday), and he insists that I need to take about 2 or 3 weeks off after my next treatment to let things "catch up".  I was hoping to go straight through with the 12 treatments and get them over with, but ...

The treatment went well.  I left off the steroid; so I slept better Wednesday night.  Still no nausea but the fatigue is definitely getting worse.

Any wet spot will do in Texas
Sebastian and Juliette


No comments:

Post a Comment