Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Closer

My prayer each day is to draw closer to my Master and in so doing I have been thinking about all the blessings of the last ten months.  Since being diagnosed in September and October with  two stage 4 and stage 3 cancers, there have been unnumbered trials and tribulations.  I've had six surgeries and been hospitalized five times.  I have had 28 radiation treatments and am currently taking my second round of chemo.

A year ago I would have thought all this was an insurmountable mountain of pain and suffering, but my Lord has brought me through it all and I can still smile.  There have been so many blessings along the way:  too many to even write them all down.  My family has shown me how much they love and cherish me in so many ways; even the little children have drawn me pictures and brought flowers.  My Sunday School class has been wonderful, and I love each of them. Every card and call that I've received has lifted me up above the pain and blessed me.

I had the blessing of having my whole family at Christmas and feeling like enjoying them.  I even had the joy of being present at the birth of grandchild number 7 in May.

Melanoma is so insidious that there is no way of knowing when it may recur, but I know now that with all of you and my Lord I can face even a painful death without fear.  Thank you again for being my faithful family and friends.


J. H. - 50 days and growing

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful post. God is good to his children...

    ReplyDelete