Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Power, Sweet Power

Power--of the electrical sort--is wonderful.  We got our power on last night; Dana's came on early Tuesday, and Scott's last night.  So we are all picking tall cotton again.  There was no damage for family residences and we were so blessed.  The more we get out the more tragic damage we see.  It was been a terrible week, and we all have to thank God for his protection.

We had no power or water (we have to pump our water up the mountain), so on Friday we got in the motorhome and headed out looking for utilities.  We ended up driving about 4 hours into Mississippi.  Friday and Saturday were good, but Sunday morning I started having abdominal pains.  Around noon, we decided we needed to head back to Huntsville in case I kept getting worse.  And sure enough, I had at least a partial blockage again.  While Gary drove (too fast I'm sure), I moaned and groaned on the sofa.  I had terrible pains for almost the whole trip with vomiting.  But prayer pulled me through, and I was able to not have to go to the ER at least.  That is such a nightmare that I just didn't think I could stand it.  "I cried out for help, and He said 'Here I am'."  Isaiah 58

I am going to the surgeon's this afternoon so more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment