Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Unbelievable

I haven't written much about the results of my neck resection.  They removed 67 lymph nodes and the surrounding tissue from the left side of my neck, around my left ear, and into my shoulder.  Five days after this surgery, I started chemo/radiation.  Therefore, I didn't have much time to deal with the after-effects of this surgery.  It was just on to something else horrible.

My ear was completely numb along with the surrounding area.  Now the "feeling" has come back completely.  One of the most disturbing things was that I couldn't lift my left arm at all.  It was very painful and impossible to raise above shoulder height.  I did try some exercises on it but was not very consistent with it because of all the other issues that were overwhelming me.

This week I realized that I was raising my arm!  It is completely restored and feels great!  Praise the Lord!  I felt very handicapped before and now it is great.
My neck still bothers me a good deal.  It is very sunken and gets stiff and tight.  Hope it will improve also.  God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment